Thursday, August 9, 2012



                                    It's Been a While


A lot of things have happened since my last post - none of them good. I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, a particularly aggressive form of cancer. Luckily, it's a type of cancer that can be cured (at least that's what the experts say). I have been undergoing chemotherapy the last few months and have been too weak and tired to go outside to photograph.


A friend of mine told me about a time when he was sick and couldn't get out to photograph. He was bored just sitting around and noticed some dead leaves on a house plant that had not been watered. He photographed the dead leaves and created some of the most beautiful black and white images I have ever seen.


I was inspired by his story, and since I was bored and couldn't get out of the house, I decided to look around for something to photograph. I found a dried artichoke flower that my wife had brought in from our garden and photographed it.  


Below is the result of my effort. I hope you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment